Monday, August 01, 2005

Wierd Notes Left to Me

This AM when I arrived @ work, I had accidentally left a notepad with some phrases that I had written. Below is what I had wrote but what wierd is the reply I received from a co-worker who is unknown to me...

Patiently waiting by the phone for a call that'll never come.
Trying hard to hold back the tears she knows will fall.

Everone thinks you're something you're not.
Sometimes you want to cry but that would ruin your image.
Tough girls don't cry.

Self-centered man has no time for me.
What can I do to make him see?
He hurt my feeling and made me cry.
I'm not the one who wanted to say goodbye.

Before you dump me on the side of the road,
can I have a smoke?

Every picture moment, she holds close to her heart.
She looks at them every night and gets all torn apart.
She struggles with him on her mind each and every day.
Why is the breaking of a heart such a heavy price to pay?

It's only love...kick me again.

NOW HERE'S THE WIERD PART...

A dark figure in the shadows stands
no sight have they, nor even a face or a hand
Watching the happy couples as the dance by
unnoticed it stand, a single tear it cries.

Beneath this dark, lies an amored knight.
His heart in tatters but his blade is bright.
Eyes that have burned, now smoulder low
The voice that shouted glad cries is now fallow
Once, love he held, and for it gave all

Now the bold one has taken a fall
A silent cry in the fading light
But hope is eternal
For at least one more night.

Sadly he turns and walks away
Knowing that he must wait at least one more day.
Hoping "she" is out there and fearing it too.
Another broken heart might be the end of him, too.

And there's a picture drawn of a sword on the handwritten page...

(To me this note is written: Sorry I snooped in your poem but, if it makes ya feel better, you're not alone)

It made me cry...it seems I'm not the only one jaded here @ the work place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home