Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I'm really ok...

Well the past weekend passed me by while I lay in bed sick as a dog. I missed a lot of live music that I really wanted to see...Aaron Watson at the Firehouse, Jack Ingram at the Galveston Co. Fair, Cooder Graw and Jesse Dayton at the Crawfish Festival in Spring and Scott H. Biram at the Continental Club. While I doubt very seriously that anyone actually missed me, it sucked being at home most of the weekend because of a cold. Thursday AM, I awoke to the feeling of sinus drainage in my throat...Friday AM, it had moved from draining in my throat to my head. I blew my nose until it was chapped but I still felt kinda ok...not bad but not good either. Saturday AM was another story. My head was so clogged up it felt as if it was the size of a basketball and no amount of over-the-counter medicine made me feel any better so I slept and slept and slept... Sleep didn't seem to make me feel any better until about 9 PM that night. I woke up feeling a little better and I was just in time to watch a marathon of the Godfather, Godfather Part II and Godfather Part III. Since I'd never seen the first one, I finally watched it. This movie has been out since 1972 (30+ years) and I don't know where I've been all that time because I'd never seen it and I wouldn't watch part II or part III because I'd never seen the first one. After this weekend, I'm an authority on Italians...especially the Sicilians. I think I watched the same channel for over 24 hours and it was still playing when I changed it. I'm feeling better today...not like myself but I'm still taking medicine so hopefully I'll be able to attend the roller derby Saturday night. I just looked at my calendar...Friday night I've got a couple of things to do that would make my weekend complete but I'm not counting my chickens until they're hatched. Why go see live music when you're ears are clogged?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Next time you feel that crud coming on get some "Zicam" they are cottons swabs with a homeopathic medicine on it you stick them up your nose (ew I know) but damn girl they will kick a cold in the head. AND my weekend went to shit too, that new ethanol in the fuel zapped all the shit in my fuel tank into my fuel filter in Needville, my car just wouldn't go anymore. With two dogs and the kid in it. GRREEEAT! So I nursed it back home after a few minutes rest, luckily it did make it home and G took care of it on Sunday but I was stuck at the house bored as fuck. No ride and still stuck with the dogs and kid. AARRRGGG. You better feel good enough to be at the Roller Derby damn it. I'll be there... Got tix already at the "will call" and I am hoping G will come home and not want to go HA but I guess I will let him.
OH YEAH and this is freakin' hilarious. Clayton saw Lee this weekend and said he dyed his hair BLACK! white beard, black hair. LOL!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home