Thursday, April 13, 2006

Babbling about myself...

As usual, I had plans for the weekend but my body would not cooperate with my mind. What I had in mind was to go and see Eleven Hundred Springs at the Armadillo Palace Friday night and then Saturday, I would head downtown for a crawfish festival to see Charlie Robison and Jack Ingram. What actually happened was that I sat at home Friday and Saturday night. Sure, I had been out Thursday night to see my friend Attorney Carrie and Daughter Jasmine perform in "The King and I" at Miller Outdoor Theatre but I wanted to see my friends www.elevenhundredsprings.com Friday night and have crawfish on Saturday while watching www.charlierobison.com and www.jackingram.net but my headache would not allow me to go anywhere Friday night. I sat at home and ate pills...handfuls. My head hurt so bad, I thought it was going to explode but when I woke up Saturday morning, I felt great...the best I'd felt in weeks so I decided to clean my filthy house. It wasn't exactly filthy but it hadn't been vacuumed/swept/mopped properly in weeks. By the time I got through, I was exhausted so the neighborhood kids got together at the house and had a barbeque. Someone brought me some beer to drink and I drank it and had someone go back and buy me more...which I found the next morning in the freezer right where I had left it. I felt good Sunday morning and that was a good thing because I'd volunteered for the Roller Derby. www.houstonrollerderby.com I was supposed to be there between 3:30 and 4:00 and of course, I was there at exactly 4 because I've got a sister with a case of drag-ass. We can never make it early any place I go with her but it was all good. There would have been a lot of standing around and doing nothing anyway. The derby itself was fun to watch but for people trying to get into the place, it was a cluster fuck. It had been a long time since I'd seen so much disorganization but it was in the true skater tradition and disorganization is a key word. They've got all kinds of plans to correct the situation for the next one which takes place on Saturday, April 29th. I saw a lot of people that I knew there and a few that I'd hoped I'd never have to see again but I had a great time. I was stationed at first near the front door which again I will mention was a CLUSTER FUCK for the first part of the evening and then (thank the gods) a roller girl needed assistance with the handicapped section. Yes, it is true. I was the police for the handicapped section...fitting, right? I liked telling people to move out of the handicapped section...I told a couple of the skaters that they were standing in the handicapped section and they said "Have you seen us skate? We ARE handicapped!!!" Great fun was had by all. If you've never been to the roller derby, be sure to check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home