Friday, March 17, 2006

woohoo...no more Dr. til next month

I went to my Dr. appointment yesterday and was told that he didn't think I needed the last of the series of steroid shots. What a relief!!! With the luck I have, three would be the charm for me and I wouldn't wake up from the anesthesia. Some of you might think that would be a good thing if I didn't wake and the "regular girl" would be hurt by this but I'm determined to live a long life...even if it kills me. Besides, I've got no feelings (yes, it's true! I'm an insensitive clod thanks to all of the liars/cheaters that I've dealt with...don't make me call you by name...I know you're reading this) so nothing you can say will hurt me.
Back to the original story...Dr. S said everything is looking good and if I need to come back before my next appointment (in 1 month) please call. I've got plenty of prescriptions for pills if I need them but I'm not taking the ones I've still got so that's a good sign. Does that mean I'm off the wagon? Yes...most definitely but I've decided that I'm going to teach myself how to "socially" drink. You know what I mean...able to have a couple of drinks and not have the need to get shit-faced drunk like I usually do. A lot of that stemmed from me being in pain...both kinds...physically and mentally. I've determined that I'm already mentally damaged merchandise and that no one actually wants someone like that so I'm out of the dating scene for eternity...yes, that's right ETERNITY!!! Since I'm full of the best kind of steroids that money can buy, I'm going to take advantage of it by skating and biking again. I've volunteered for the Houston Roller Derby but don't know what kind of skills I might have that they will need. I know for a fact that I can sell tickets or serve beer very well if given the opportunity but I'll wait and see what chore I'm given. I'm waaay too old for the derby itself although there are several that are older than me. I don't see myself being able to be in the derby since I've only jousted several times before and hitting is not allowed so that counts me out. I know I'd beat the crap outta some unsuspecting soul and don't want to do that. Besides, they didn't have a thing to do with how I am now and I shouldn't whip up on the innocent. I've got a fun filled weekend planned for the beach so hopefully the weather will cooperate with me. If not, I've got rubber boots and a rain coat and know how to wear them well. Will post more on Sunday after my exciting weekend comes to a close...take care y'all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Chris said...

Thanks for your words of encouragement on my blog. It's always nice to know there are other ranters out there who know how theraputic it can be! I'll do my best to keep a stiff upper lip.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home