Monday, March 20, 2006

Galveston TX 3/18-3/19/06

My friend Nurse Jana has a severe case of drag-ass. She called me earlier in the week and asked if I wanted to join her in a trip to the island to visit CPA Joni. The beach in March? Sure, why not? Needless to say she was late when she picked me up...about 3 hours late. I was quite upset at not getting to see the beach before the sunset but at least I was there and with good company and I knew that we'd get up the next AM & go to the beach at least for an hour or so. We drank plenty of beer and ate plenty of food while watching TV that night. When I finally got my bed (air mattress) together and laid down to watch "Walk the Line", I fell asleep after about 30 minutes of the movie. The next morning, we got up early and headed for the beach. The sun was out but it was cool on the beach and the wind was beyond belief. CPA Joni had said earlier that the surfers were out in full force the day before since the wind had cause big waves. Imagine that? Waves in Galveston when there's not a hurricane in the Gulf... We found all kinds of shells but none like we'd found a couple of years earlier. Lots of broken shells on the beach and also a lot of Portuguese man-o-wars. http://www.aloha.com/~lifeguards/portugue.html (I read too much on this site...I'm scared of the water again) We left the beach after about an hour or so and when we got back to the condo, CPA Joni made us waffles with strawberries. I again stuffed myself and had burnt lettuce for dessert. We left headed home around noon...I could've stayed all day but Nurse Jana had things to do at home. The weekend left me feeling refreshed with a much need rest. The upcoming weekend is a different story...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home