Monday, May 01, 2006

Volunteering sometimes sucks...

I volunteered for the roller derby this season and I must admit that I've been having a good time...seeing friends I haven't seen in awhile...meeting new friends...partying with both...but when there's a woman whose name I will not mention that "chastises" volunteers for drinking beer, that's what makes me want to quit being a volunteer and be a spectator. I was told by several different people that this person was making smart remarks about volunteers having a few beers and it made them feel bad I guess. The people she said this to were by no means drunk so I don't know where's she coming from. She didn't say a word to me about drinking beer and if she didn't see me drinking a few, she's blind because I was sitting directly across from her. Maybe she didn't want any part of "REDRUM"...can't say I blame her because I know what I would've said to her. That's right. "SHUT THE FUCK UP and leave me alone!!!" I would've also said "Where's Fro? That's not what she said..." After all, we're volunteering our time to them and very rarely do I get to watch the derby or eat any of the food supplied to the volunteers because I'm too busy at will-call to leave. If it wasn't for the kindness of Volunteer S and Friend D, I would not have had a beer in the first place. I must've looked thirsty because one asked if I needed a beer and the other automatically bought me a beer when he arrived. There are not enough volunteers to go around and relieve everyone for a break and by the time I get to take a break, there is no food left. My time is not cheap. For me to work on a Saturday or Sunday I would have to be paid approximately $200.00 for 8 hours. I work for them for FREE and for the Roller Derby Girls to change their rules and say I cannot drink beer while working is unbelieveable to say the least...Maybe this shit talking girl needs to have her friends work for volunteers and then tell them that they cannot drink beer or she needs to STFU. They still need volunteers and if you're like me, you don't give a damn what shit-talkers say and you'll have a beer anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home