Friday, August 18, 2006

Old Friend...


I ran into someone last night that I hadn't seen since at least 1978. (He's the 5th one from the right) Sister K and I went to Ugly's to see the U-Joints. I'd seen the guy before at Dale Watson and Jesse Dayton shows but I didn't know where I knew him from. I'd talked to him several times and think I'd danced with him before (maybe at the Continental Club) but I just couldn't place where I knew him from until last night. He walked up to the table where we were seated and started talking to Friend Y and others that were standing around. Then someone tried to introduce us and he said something like I already know her and called me by my maiden name which no one has used since 1980. I gasped out loud and told him "Who told you that was my name? Who are you?" and then he started talking about people that I went to high school with and of course I repeated what I had said earlier...over and over again. When he finally told me his last name, I almost fainted. I know I haven't seen him in forever and how he FINALLY recognize me, I don't actually know. I knew that one of the guys in the U-Joints had the same last name as his but I couldn't remember why I knew that name and why it sounded so familiar. Now I know...Friend M is Friend R's uncle! When Friend M told Friend R that he knew me from high school, Friend R said "I thought you were my age!" Talk about making someone feel old!!! I felt as old as dirt!!! (ok, I AM as old as dirt) We talked and danced most of the night and we had a great time. I know I'll be going back to Ugly's again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home